A recipe perfect for toddlers
1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of dried mustard
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup bread crumbs or slivered almonds for topping
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt the butter in a medium stainless steel saucepan. Add the flour, salt, pepper, and mustard, and cook 2-3 minutes until bubbly and foamy.
3. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened.
4. Stir in the shredded cheese.
5. Place the brown rice, chicken, and broccoli in a casserole dish and pour the white sauce over the top.
6. Spread the breadcrumbs and slivered almonds over the top. 7. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.